[Zope-PAS] Re: authentication via web services

J Cameron Cooper jccooper at rice.edu
Fri Jun 22 10:47:47 EDT 2007

Miles wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Has anyone used PAS to authenticate and get properties from a web
> service?  We have a requirement for this in a project, but given the
> current general state of SOAP support in python, I'm not very clear on
> what the best solution might be on this.
>
> If anyone has any experience/advice that they're willing to share, I'd
> be very grateful.

Well, if by "web services" you mean SOAP, then I don't know. But the
GMailAuthPlugin (which is really just a demonstrator), the Salesforce
connector, the OpenID plugin, and the LibertyAuthPlugin could be called
using web services. Maybe the CAS plugin counts.

If you can communicate with the auth source in Python, it's definite
fodder for a PAS plugin.

       --jcc
--
Connexions