[Zope-PAS] proposal: IUserAdder plugins

Wichert Akkerman wichert at wiggy.net
Sat May 5 18:00:56 EDT 2007

Previously Miles wrote:
> However, when a user is created, PAS runs through all the plugins
> implementing the IUserAdder interface, but once a plugin indicates that
> it created a user, it proceeds no further.
>
> I was expecting it to pass the details onto all the plugins, to give
> each a chance to create any additional information the plugin needs, and
> to avoid having to produce a succession of plugins.  In the same way
> that the properties plugins each get to provide a separate property
> sheet, rather than just returning the first one.

I think that a better approach would be to use events. I made a branch
a while ago which has an event which is fired when a new user is created
which solves your use case perfectly. That branch is still missing test
for the events though. Someday I need to write those and offer it up for
merging.

> I would like to change this so all IUserAdder plugins get a chance to
> fire - does anyone have an opinion on it?

-1, we can not change semantics of existing interfaces.

Wichert.