[Zope-PAS] Problems Upgrading PluggableAuthService

Jens Vagelpohl jens at dataflake.org
Wed Jan 30 12:06:22 EST 2008

On Jan 30, 2008, at 17:39 , Mark Phillips wrote:
> I figured out where the plugins are - acl_users for my plone site, not
> the root level acl_users, right?

Plone has the annoying habit of replacing the root user folder as
well, so it might be helpful to look there as well.

> I then removed Unauthorized from the swallowed exceptions, and added
> verbose-security to zope.conf. I then tried to login, and no error
> messages.
>
> I am reading the "How to debug Plone" using pdb, but I don't know
> where
> to start with a break point. I don't know the process for login in
> plone/zope. Any tutorials on that? I couldn't find any.

I can't say much about Plone, but in many cases you can "follow the
code" by looking at the source of that login page. From there you see
where it posts to, and what code is invoked to check credentials, or
which conditions must be met for the login page to be shown again, etc.

You may find more helpful answers by asking on a Plone-specific list,
by the way.

jens