[Zope-PAS] Basic auth/challenge problem

Ian McCracken ian at zenoss.com
Fri Jun 12 09:32:49 EDT 2009

That's right, PAS isn't challenging the client. I dug a little
further, and it seems that ChallengeProtocolChooser's protocol mapping
doesn't include {'Browser':['http']} (it only has keys 'WebDAV',
'FTP', 'XML-RPC').

If I stick that mapping in manually, the second request authenticates
(the first request, as you say, doesn't interact with PAS at all).

So, at a high level, what am I missing such that that protocol mapping
isn't in there?

My active plugins:
Extraction Plugins: basicAuthHelper cookieAuthHelper
Authentication: userManager
Challenge: basicAuthHelper
Challenge_Protocol_Chooser: protocolChooser
Request_Type_Sniffer: requestTypeSniffer

--Ian