[ZWeb] Documentation Index

Martijn Pieters mj@digicool.com
Mon, 18 Dec 2000 17:23:47 +0100

On Mon, Dec 18, 2000 at 11:19:31AM -0500, Andrew Sawyers wrote:
> Martijn,
> I'll agree with you on several points; noted herein
> Martijn Pieters wrote:
>
> > On Mon, Dec 18, 2000 at 10:13:22AM -0500, Andrew Sawyers wrote:
> >
> >> The new documentation index has been made live.
> >

> > Cool, it is very informative, once you puzzle out the contents..
> The document status puzzled me for awhile until it was explained to me
> what it was there for.
> IMHO, the status doesn't belong on this page; people are viewing this
> for accessing documentation and not only does the status make the page
> confusing, it cluters up the display.
> I was thinking that maybe there should be another place (like on the
> documents themselves) where the status of the project could be displayed.

Hmm, I do like the fact that you can see at a glance what is up-to-date
and what isn't. The layout of the information is confusing, however.

> > The format is somewhat confusing; there is hardly any linespace between the
> > status of one item, and the listing of the next item. The effect is
> > slightly stronger in IE, but also present in Netscape.
> >
> > An ASCII illustration (use fixed size font):
>
> I wanted to use a fixed size font (I prefer 8pt, but I was told to use
> my browser to control the font size so we didn't force anything upon users).

:) I meant "use a fixed size font in your email reader", because the ASCII
illustration becomes useless when a proportional font is used. I don't
think a fixed size fnt would help much with this particular web page,
actually.

--
Martijn Pieters