[ZWeb] Re: Zope.org searching

Karl Anderson karl@digicool.com
02 Jun 2000 12:19:29 -0700

mindlace <mindlace@imeme.net> writes:

> Amos Latteier wrote:
> >
> > Hi Ethan,
> >
> > The subject of zope documentation sucking has come up on the list. The
> > only thing that the guy sights is that searches don't work for him on
> > Zope.org
> >
> > His problem might be that what he was searching for was not catalogged.
> > It might be a good idea at some point to go through the stuff on
> > ZOpe.org and make sure that everything that should be catalogged is.
>
> Amos, specifically no dtml commands will show up upon a search.  I
> believe this is because - is a stop character, but I'm not sure.

I'm really frustrated with the searching on zope.org, too.  I end up
using altavista a lot to search zope.org.  An easy improvement would
be to have a help link that describes what one can & can't do in the
search input - stopwords, quotes, whatever.  Just becase nobody else
does this doesn't mean we shouldn't :| And it could point out what we
use to enable searching in this large community site.

--
Karl Anderson                          karl@digicool.com