[ZWeb] Re: We should move the Interfaces wiki to Wikis

Jim Fulton jim@digicool.com
Sat, 03 Jun 2000 12:58:53 -0400

Michel Pelletier wrote:

> Jim Fulton wrote:
> >
> > So that we retain historical information, which will be
> > useful when zope.org is upgraded to 2.2 and we can browse and
> > compare historical versions of Wiki pages.
>
> Because it is one of the oldest wikis though moving it could break alot
> of links.  Is there a way to mitigate this?

You could leave the old one there for a while,
make it read-only, and
put a <dtml-raise Redirect> in the standard header.

This is what I did when I moved the xml wiki.

> The feature of historical
> browsing is cooler than broken links anyway, so I agree with your
> proposal.

When you think about it, it's really more than cool,
it's critical, especially for a wiki like the interfaces
wiki.

Jim

Technical Director   (888) 344-4332              Python Powered!

repeats.