[ZWeb] Zope.net

Chris Withers chrisw@nipltd.com
Mon, 05 Jun 2000 21:16:21 +0100

Hi,

I thought I'd give this mailing list a try on the topic of what should
be on Zope.net.

The bit in the wiki
(http://www.zope.org/Members/chrisw/ZopeSites/ZopeDotNet) was basically
a dump of the current plans for zdp.zope.org. I think Ethan got the
wrong end of the stick a bit as I agree with what he says:

> . Zope.net is: Public interest news articles about zope (by us or
> not), how zope compares to the newest Cold Mason StoryServer?
> product, IRC chats, and maybe a way to try out zope (outside of the
> sandbox that zope.org puts you in).

I agree with this. The idea of the portals was to present this and more
in a coherent fasion. More particularly, so that people can pick the
category they fall into and have information presented in an appropriate
way.

In terms of documentation, the idea I had wasn't to have the
documentation on zope.net, but rather to have all the
documentation/FAQs/How-To's/pre-definde searches etc for a particular
topic linked from the appropriate bit on zope.net.

Comments?

I'll be on #zope for about the next hour if anyone wants to coem chat
;-)

cheers,

Chris