[ZWeb] Zope-web syndication

Karl Anderson karl@digicool.com
15 Jun 2000 12:58:02 -0700

When I think of syndication, I think of exposing content to someone
that you don't necessarily trust.  You seem to only be suggesting
in-house type syndication now, right?

The MountedDatabases page doesn't mention any security controls -
something in a mounted storage is just as trusted as in your primary
storage.  Same with zeo, plus you trust all clients completely to be
what they claim to be (for example, you trust them when they say "this
user has been id'd with basic http authentication").  Is this correct?

So this isn't a model like, say, exporting a static CVS site read-only
with the hosts provididing their own standard_dtml_header type
objects.  Or could it be made into one?  Or is that not your direction
at all?