[ZWeb] many items in a folderish object

Jim Fulton jim@digicool.com
Fri, 26 May 2000 07:17:41 -0400

mindlace wrote:

> There's a need within the management interface of zope.org to be able to
> present many objects in a folderish object more efficiently.
>
> It appears to me as if this is something that needs to be added to zope
> itself, that is, that every folder display should be batched, probably
> using a cookie the same way width and height are currently.
>
> In the same vein, filter views (show x object-type) would also help in
> this regard, and finally, it would be very good to be able to sort by
> the various attributes of objects, I.e. display all folders first, then
> documents, then methods.  (indeed, I would suggest that this be the
> basic format).
>
> I do not know where to attack this problem from.  If someone could point
> out where in the zope codebase to approach this issue, and possibly
> someone I could work with on it, that would be very usefull.

This is a well known problem.

I think that there are a number of design and requirements that need
to be addressed before anyone goes near the code. :)

I suggest you start a Wiki page on the topic at Wikis/zope-dev.

Hm, you may have hit on a good Jam Session topic for today. :)

Jim

Technical Director   (888) 344-4332              Python Powered!

repeats.