[ZWeb] zope.net

Oleg Broytmann phd2@earthling.net
Wed, 31 May 2000 13:59:30 +0000 (GMT)

Hello!

   Recently I saw the announcement for this mail list, and found it's
arriving just in time!

   Well, what I think about zope.{com,org,net}? Pretty simple - zope.org is
for developer community. zope.com is for "for business and enterprise"
information. And zope.net is for network of affilated and related sites.

   We, the Russian-speaking Python/Zope users group, started to work on
Russian-language site about Zope. The temporary hosting and URL is here:
   http://sun.med.ru/pcgi/zope.net.ru/
We certainly hope to build a good site about Zope!

   We hope to register domain zope.net.ru for the site; but on the other
side, why not express our relations with Zope?
   The question number one - could DC registers the address ru.zope.net for
our site? Could it be a domain (to register images.ru.zope.net)?

   The question number two: what are copyright and licensing terms for
materials published on www.zope.org? Could we translate some materials and
publish translated versions on our site? What if we want to copy some
materials verbatim? I certainly want to start with architecture page:
   http://www.zope.org/ZopeArchitecture
and copy its image - http://www.zope.org/zopearchitecture.gif. Could I?

Oleg.
----