[ZWeb] Re: [Zope] Zope.org Feature Request - Product Download Counter

ethan mindlace fremen mindlace@digicool.com
Mon, 23 Oct 2000 12:49:05 -0400

Toby Dickenson wrote:

> FYI, there is a (mostly successful) way around this if you dont worry
> about Zope having to serve up a 304 response for this request..... set
> the following header.
>
> Cache-Control: public, s-maxage=0, proxy-revalidate
>
> Caches will cache the content, but always revalidate it before using
> the cached reply.

The problem is that Apache is a HTTP 1.0 caching proxy and not a HTTP
1.1 caching proxy and thus ignores the Cache-Control header entirely :(

I will be working on this feature in the medium term future- I should be
able to get near-accurate results.

Thanks,
--
-mindlace-