[ZWeb] Getting it done redux

Paul Everitt paul@zope.com
Mon, 03 Dec 2001 07:09:09 -0500

Lennart Regebro wrote:

> From: "seb bacon" <seb@jamkit.com>
>
>>If anyone objects to me being bossy please shout me down.
>>

> No, I think it's good. :-)

+1 from me as well.

>>Assuming this is OK, could anyone willing to commit time and skills
>>to the 'kickstart the community' project add their details at:
>>
>> http://dev.zope.org/Wikis/DevSite/Proposals/PeopleWhoCanContribute
>>

> Done!
>

>>Well, that's my summary.  Have I missed anything out?
>>

> Not much. I'd like to add one thing though, and thats regarding the Zope
> corp/Community interface. How should this be done and managed? Well, I like
> Extreme Programming, and I suggest that any group that does programming is
> treated as if ZC is the buyer and the project group the implementors.
> That would mean that one person from ZC needs to be involved in each project
> and act as the "on site" customer, and which features should be implemented
> could be decided in a "planning game" type of scenario. This means that Zope
> Corp are still in charge, while the programming in theory could be done
> without any ZC persons...

I like the way you've phrased this.  Yes, we'll have ZC people involved,
but hopefully not as the center wheel.  We have an important role to
play and have to retain the right of last vote if things don't go right
(as does the customer).  But it's important to me that those providing
leadership (right now, Seb and Alan) have some room to move.

> Me and a couple of friends have been discussing distributed site XP projects
> for a while, and it's not easy to do. Surprisingly, pair programing is
> pretty easy to do, all you need is a screen-sharing program and a telephone.
> :-)
> Managing the project will be problematic though. We would all probably learn
> a lot from trying this. :-)

Yep, no kidding!

--Paul