[ZWeb] Newbie thoughts on zope.org re-org

Adrian Hungate adrian@haqa.co.uk
Wed, 5 Dec 2001 23:34:13 -0000

I think it is probably important for the life of the site, to tempt all
those developers back to zope.org.

The best way to do that is to be responsive to their requests and try to
accomodate all of the features that make sourceforge, zopelabs and zopezen
so useful. This is not stealing their thunder, any more than they are
stealing ours, but it is learning from what they have done right - This is
the true meaning of opensource IMHO.

In case you are about to say that zopezen does nothing for developers - It
has product details available as XML, which people (like me) with Product
Management System products desparately need. This should be an integral part
of the Products Product as well. (e.g.
http://www.zope.org/Members/haqa/products_xml/view_source )

Adrian...

--
Adrian Hungate

All views expressed in this email are those of the whole world, however some
people don't realise this yet.