[ZWeb] Re: zope.org wiki tinkering

Ken Manheimer klm@zope.com
Fri, 14 Dec 2001 10:21:29 -0500 (EST)

On Thu, 13 Dec 2001, Simon Michael wrote:

> Great Ken.
>
> Ouch, yes subscription was quite slow - about 20 seconds. But hey, it
> worked.
>
> Slight confusion - my full email address appears in the "Your email
> address" field but just my username in the subscriber list.  Do you
> even need the former ?

It's a convenience on zope.org - it enables people to change their email
preference right there.  On sites that don't have an email preference, it
enables people to create and adjust an email setting for their user.

This is not the right way to do it in the long run - but in the long run,
for something like the CMF, we'd do it way differently in general.  (We'd
want to make subscription a tool kind of thing, not stored on the content
objects - so it could be applied to any content, not just wiki
specific...)

--
Ken
klm@zope.com