[ZWeb] What's this mailing list for?

ethan mindlace fremen mindlace@digicool.com
Thu, 18 Jan 2001 14:36:55 -0500

--On quarta-feira, 17 de Janeiro de 2001 13:18 -0800 Andy McKay
<andym@ActiveState.com> wrote:

> But to be honest over the last few weeks Ive noticed 90% of the traffic
> seems to be internal emails amongst DC along the lines of this is broken /
> fixed etc.
> Its quite amusing to read this somedays, but at our company we
> have a separate internal list for that (of course we never have any
> problems :) ).

Well, in the Grand Unified Theory of Zope.org, the site will become more
community managed. Furtheremore, Zope.org is essentially there for the
community, and so I feel like the community should have access to what's
going on.

> Wouldn't that make more sense, unless it affects the community at large?

zope-web is where you are if you want to affect or participate in zope.org
"The Website" as opposed to Zope "The Software". Most of the other open
source projects I see manage their sites in this fashion.

Plus, I receive notices that something is up in a whole lot of places-
zope@zope.org, zope-dev@zope.org, internal mailing lists, email directly to
me, the zope.org Tracker, etc.

Since internal and external folks are involved, I would rather have a
single canonical place for commentary to be made.

Thanks,
--
ethan mindlace fremen
zopatista community liason