[ZWeb] Zope.org okay?

Charlie Blanchard charlie@blanchardsite.com
Wed, 23 May 2001 07:38:40 -0700

On Wed, May 23, 2001 at 11:16:13AM +0100, Chris Withers wrote:
> ethan mindlace fremen wrote:
> >
> > --On 05/22/01 15:49:01 +0100 Chris Withers chiseled:
>
> Hurm, still doesn't seem right. Didn't it used to have a curved, dark bit in the
> top left like on classic.zope.org?
>
> > > PS: Nice to see DC finally giving themselves a front page mention ;-)
> >
> > glad you like it!
>
> Well, something that polished looks a little out of place on Zope.org, but yeah,
> I do like it :-)
> Maybe Zope.org as a whole could be similarly polished? I wish I had the time to
> help...

I kinda like the polish on zope.org as it is now. There are
minimal images getting in the way of the information content and
the colors convey a good emotional tone. 'Polish' for 'polishes'
sake alone is wasted resources, imo. And 'improvements' for the
sake of 'polish' often degrade usability of sites for many users
unnecessarily. Better the time be invested making the site more
'informational' as that is what creates and maintains the 'image'
that truly matters in the long run.

I fully expect dissention on this view. To better understand my
personal point of reference it may help to know that I have
switched my primary browser from gui to text to avoid 'polish'
and improve access to information that for most open source
projects is almost entirely textual in content... <g>

And, oh yeah try running the zmi via lynx sometime! It works
fine...

peace,
--
charlie blanchard