[ZWeb] Zope.org Members with products

Ken Manheimer klm@zope.com
Tue, 4 Sep 2001 13:44:48 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 4 Sep 2001, Martijn Pieters wrote:

>  > Would it be possible to get to know how many downloads I have on my
>  > products?
>
>  > No, not just once for me, but it would be an interesting feature for
>  > the community to see how many times certain products have been
>  > requested. Please please pleeeese.
>
> Unfortunately, it isn't that easy.. On top of that, the current Zope.org
> site is being phased out as soon as the new one is ready (we are working
> on that one right now). There is no download counter planned for the new
> site. This doesn't mean it won't ever happen, it just will not happen
> just now.

This is probably a good point for community involvement - someone for the
community refining a content type/product which does what you want.  The
impending upgrade of zope.org to the CMF architecture should make that
easier.  Some collaboration with zope corp folk (probly martijn) will be
necessary to get the scoop on the existing setup - and the existing setup
will need to exist, first!-)

Ideally, there would be more of this type of thing - it's in the interest
of everyone for people from the community to be able to scratch some of
their itches, and for zope corp to not impede that happening!  The trick
is "getting out of the way" in a manageable way.  Lets revisit this after
the new zope.org setup is in place...

Ken Manheimer
klm@zope.com