[ZWeb] Re: DISCUSS: Wiki subscription slowness

Simon Michael simon@joyful.com
Mon, 08 Apr 2002 22:08:48 -0700

"Lennart Regebro" <lennart@torped.se> writes:
> Neither did the length of the e-mails or the number of recipients make any
> significant difference.
> And this last part is important. If it takes a long time so ssave a wiki
> page because of the emails, this means you have tons of emails to send out.
> I assume you send one e-mail to each recipient so that they can't see who
> the other recipients are? In that case you can reduce the number of emails
> by using Bcc instead, and send each mail to loads of users.

Interesting, thanks for looking into this. I'll say something intelligent
if I think of it..

FWIW, current ZWiki makes a single call to Mailhost.send per edit, listing
all subscribers in the bcc field. I don't know if that translates to
multiple SMTP connections, or if WikiForNow's implementation is different.

Regards,
-Simon