[ZWeb] more functional notes

seb bacon seb@jamkit.com
Wed, 10 Apr 2002 20:09:03 +0100

just a quick note to keep things discussed on the radar, and to add a
couple more ideas.

- better search
- content rating
- obseleting content

alan suggested polls a while ago.  I think that's an excellent point.

finally, musing over IA issues, it strikes me that a *hierarchical*
keyword tree thing would be crucial in producing an accurate content
taxonomy for the site.

(a) a flat list of classifications as exists on the current site is hard
to scan and use
(b) it doesn't match how real-life taxonomies work (e.g. pole-vaulting
is a form of athletics is a form of sport; or in nzo terms, a
Zope-Apache HOWTO a form of Documentation; and it is also part of a
WebMaster->Server->3rdPartyServers->Apache class)

sorry it's so brief...

seb