[ZWeb] A new proposal (long)

Olivier Deckmyn odeckmyn.list@teaser.fr
Thu, 11 Apr 2002 11:46:47 +0200

> I havent been involved with the homepage design.
> But I also have gotten no feedback on the sub-page for the "Products area"
> merely 24 hours old.  :(

I loved it. I like that there are plenty of informations on it.
I will be easy to integrate it in the current design. (graphically)

<snip>

> 1. Please leave the left navigation column as its own color to distinguish
> it from the body.  My tired eyes find it hard to distinguish navigation
from
> the main body.

So this is how it is done now ?

> 2. Please do not use any "Right Justification".  It is WAY TOO HARD to
read.
> Most of the world is used to "left justification".

I like it right justified but I made a left justification in latest version
:)

Please all : comment !

> 2A.  Please dont use Force Justify in the Right columns.  Left
Justification
> works just fine here.

???? It's left justify today, no ?

> 3.  The left nav areas need to be cleaned up and cut down quite a bit.
They
> are non-descriptive and not very helpful to the first time viewer of the
> page.  And it is WAY TOO MUCH information to digest.

This is AI

> 4.  Applications has the wrong connotation in the community.  The
Community
> uses "Products" to describe Zope add-ons.  And this should link to the
area
> that I started to design.

I would MUCH MORE prefer that we use the term "Component".
Zope is a RAD tool like VB or Delphi. You can plug components into it...

> 5.  Please enclose in a table any areas that need to be their own
elements.
> The "sparse all-white" background design makes it very difficult to scan
for
> relevant areas.  At least put a border around them if you dont want a
> background color.

Which one.
>From a web design point of view I would really dislike to have borders on
tables :(