[ZWeb] Zope Corp attribution placement

Trevor Toenjes zope@toenjes.com
Thu, 11 Apr 2002 10:30:02 -0400

> On the other hand, Zope Corp are providing the hardware for the site,
> and sponsor Zope generally, so will rightly want a prominent placement
> on the page.

A prominently placed "Sponsored by" box could actually highlight Zope Corp
more.

But we could also use this to re-enforce a benefit for the community.
I think Zope Corp. is trying to get other larger development companies to
contribute resources to develop Zope, so could it say "Sponsors"?, with ZC
on top, and then an explanation about how other companies can Sponsor
Zope.org or companies that have paid for Sprints, etc (have there been
any?).  Those companies can be listed under ZC.
And info on how companies can be listed as sponsors.

> Could we fit it into the 'What is Zope' paragraph, in bold, e.g.
>
>   "Zope is an open source application server sponsored by *Zope
>   Corporation*..."
This is the easier way.  :)

> This is Paul's call, I think.
Yes, I think we need his buy-in.