[ZWeb] Zope.org feedback: Zope Documentation / Zope book online

Trevor Toenjes zope@toenjes.com
Tue, 27 Aug 2002 16:29:30 -0400

I think Carsten's feedback is pretty accurate.
Turning off Com is not the solution, because he is addressing what the
comments look like when they are on.
I think most people are interested in reading the Comments (some of them are
actually helpful) but not having them pop-out the way they do now.  So this
is just a style preference discussion.

I agree that presenting Comments as more subdued elements makes the main
text in a BackTalk chapter easier to read in HTML.  After all, Comments are
not endorsed content by the author and therefore should not overpower the
main text as they do now.

As a happy medium, if you think the current strong display is better, a
possible solution is to make an additional option just like COM ON/OFF.
Give the option to make Comments display as STRONG or LIGHT.

$.02