[ZWeb] Zope.org feedback: Multiple domain names

Lennart Regebro lennart@regebro.nu
Tue, 12 Feb 2002 23:03:11 +0100

From: "Richard (via www.zope.org)" <richard@psytex.co.uk>

> I am sorry if I have sent this to the wrong feedback address, but it was
the only one that I could find.

Well, since this isn't feedback, yes, you are wrong. Questions about Zope is
best asked at the Zope mailinglist. You can join it at
http://lists.zope.org/mailman/listinfo/zope .
More Zope mailinglists can be found at
http://www.zope.org/Resources/MailingLists .

> The problem I have is that I want to link multiple domain names to
different zope pages/objects.

> I am using Microsoft IIS and know how to do this with normal websites by
just pointing to different directories. This is not possible with zope as
far as I know as everything is stored in one database file.

Well, it is possible with Zope too. The easiest way is to use the so called
"Enhanced VirtualHostMonster". I don't think it's included in Zope 2.5.0.
You can find it at http://www.zope.org/Members/sfm/SiteAccessEnhanced . With
this you simply create a 'Virtual Host Monster' in the root of your site,
and set up the virtual hosts that you want.