[ZWeb] Re: A tree in the Forest: Zopelabs

Lennart Regebro lennart@regebro.nu
Thu, 28 Feb 2002 17:09:58 +0100

From: "alan runyan" <runyaga@runyaga.com>
> * more zope sites equate to a healthy zope community.

Eh? Many Zope sites is an indication of lots of people using Zope. It
doesn't equate to a healthy community nor does it help a healthy community.

> * the new zope.org development effort is a 'open' process and if you want
> contribute  I believe they are letting people have CVS access so they can
contribute.

I'm aware of the discussion on this. It was largely done on this mailing
list. :-)
Nothing much seems to have happened though.

> * if nothing does what you want, make your own.

My point was that I didn't want to do that.

> (but be prepared to stick to your guns)

Why? If somebody makes a better gun than mine, shouldn't I use theirs? If me
and somebody else can do an even better gun by cooperating, shouldn't we do
that?