[ZWeb] Zope.org feedback: psycopg config error

Martijn Pieters mj@zope.com
Tue, 22 Jan 2002 10:27:04 -0500

On Tue, Jan 22, 2002 at 05:02:02AM -0500, Koujiro Iuchi wrote:
> Can't find mxDateTime.h
>
> I was checked that file on directory below.
> It seem like located file on /usr/local/lib/python2.1
> site-packages/mx/DateTime directory.
>

> Environment :Linux
>              Python-2.1.2.tar.gz
>              and Zope 2.4.3-src.tgz
>
> root# ./configure
> checking for python... /usr/local/bin/python
> checking python version... 2.1
> checking python installation prefix... /usr/local
> checking python installation exec_prefix... /usr/local
> checking definitions in Python library makefile... done
> checking location of python library... $(prefix)/lib/python2.1/site-packages
> checking location of python shared modules... $(exec_prefix)/lib/python2.1/site-packages
> checking for gcc... gcc
> checking whether the C compiler (gcc   ) works... yes
> checking whether the C compiler (gcc   ) is a cross-compiler... no
> checking whether we are using GNU C... yes
> checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
> checking whether make sets ${MAKE}... yes
> checking for inline... inline
> checking for mxDateTime.h... no
> configure: error: can't build without mx headers
> root#

Hi Koujiro,

First of all, you have reached the maintainers of the Zope.org website, not
the authors of the psycopg package. To reach them, you'd have to use the
"Feedback to this page's author" link at the footer of the page.

As for the problem you see; it appears that the psycopg package has a
dependency on the mXDateTime package, which is a seperate Python package
you'll have to download and install first. It can be found at:

  http://www.lemburg.com/files/python/mxDateTime.html

Hope this helps!

--
Martijn Pieters