[ZWeb] New Zope Org - Let's get busy ( said with the voice of Conan O'Brian )

Heimo Laukkanen huima@fountainpark.org
Thu, 25 Jul 2002 01:13:44 +0300

Rock on,

I just watched the sandbox ( http://new.zope.org:15080/ZopeOrg ) and
was quite impressed on what had happened. I've been spending my
vacation just sitting on my thumb and I am higly energized to get back
to work.

Besides since Sun updated the java.sun.com - new.zope.org HAS to beat
all the expectations!

Some observations from the new java.sun.com:

IT IS GREAT! They done a frigging amazing job. It looks great, it is
usable, information is easier to access than before and I can get to
the beef with just a few click. First thing that came into my mind
when browsing through the new site was: I am in control. It was a
great feeling and observation. I felt that this is the feeling I want
to have, when I open www.zope.org!

I read through some Java tutorials and was greatly impressed by the
quality of stuff. It is great.

As a counter attack - like promised at EuroPython 2002 - I have
started writing Zope tutorials. They are in the stage of writing the
structure for tutorials, but you get the idea on what I want to
achieve from my wiki.

http://www.zope.org/Members/huima/tutorials/FrontPage

I am not sure how long it will take to write these ready, even with
people helping. But it would be really cool if these tutorials, when
finished, could be used well on NZO as a getting started material. I
haven't yet thrown a call for participation, but will propably do that
on zope-list at the end of this week.

Ps.

Anyone have a good tips, tutorials or guides on how to practise for
running a marathon ,-? I was challenged by a friend to run Helsinki
City Marathon 2003 and would need to get back into running shape from
ground zero.

-huima