[ZWeb] Zope.org feedback: many zope.org pages require horizontal scrolling!

Martijn Pieters mj@zope.com
Wed, 24 Jul 2002 21:28:44 -0400

On Wed, Jul 24, 2002 at 08:27:01PM -0400, Colin Leath (via www.zope.org) wrote:
> Many pages are unreadable without horizontal scrolling. I believe this is
> due to the use of Tables, and in some cases to  the use of <pre>.

Yes, it is a known problem; the combination of <pre> and the table layout
will push the table off to the right and non-<pre> text flows to fill the
space.

The reason as to why nothing has been done about it is the fact that a new
Zope.org is under development. In the past, the development of that new site
has been stalled several times, but is under full steam right now with many
community members helping out. The current progress can be seen at:

  http://new.zope.org:15080/ZopeOrg

--
Martijn Pieters