[ZWeb] Zope.org feedback: ZODB

Steve Spicklemire steve@spvi.com
Tue, 11 Jun 2002 08:18:33 -0500

Hi Delens,

There are several different storage systems that work with ZODB. Most=20
folks use the default Storage, called "FileStorage". There is however a=20=

production storage based on Sleepycat's BSD3 database, one that uses=20
Oracle, and another that uses filesystem directories (others?). The=20
techniques one would use to transport Zope objects between servers at=20
the storage level will differ for each of these storage systems.=20
However, you can also move Zope objects between server at a higher=20
level. There are a couple of projects that use the export/import=20
facilities of Zope to do that (ZCVSFolder, ZSyncer) as well as others=20
that create their own file-based representation of objects and use that=20=

(ZCVSFolder does this as well, CVSFile does this, I think). With the CVS=20=

based products, you can use CVS to manage versions, and handle=20
development/test/deployment staging.

does that help?
-steve