[ZWeb] New zope.org mockups !!

Olivier Deckmyn odeckmyn.list@teaser.fr
Tue, 12 Mar 2002 09:29:22 +0100

Hi there,

Following a discussion with Paul in Paris, I have been working on new
mockups for zope.org.
In fact, I must admit that I have only done 1% of the work : 99% is from the
designer of the famous www.zopera.org website : Nicolas, who is also my
brother ;-)

There are 16 propositions and I have setup a minimal voting system. Please
vote.
Please send your comments to zope-web mailing list, not directly to website
owners nor to other mailing lists.

We do not pretend the ideal design is in this set of mockup : we just try to
help.

The idea is to select 2 or 3 (or more) of theese mockup using a 3 steps
process and transform them into Plone skins and then baptize one "Zope.org
skin" which would become the "Default" zope.org skin. Users would be able to
switch to another skin they like.

The 3 steps are :

Step 1 : discussion and first round-up with zope-web mailing list members
(around 2 weeks starting today). We will keep only the 8 most wanted
mockups. We _might_ modify some of them.
Step 2 : Release of the 8 finalists to zope mailing list, to zope.org
website, to other community websites (zopera.org, zopezen, etc...). Voting
again (2 or 3 weeks). Should we slashdot the news ?
Step 3 : Choice of 1, 2 or 3 final skins. Plone transformation and
integration to the new.zope.org website.

This is suggestion ; please let's discuss about the planning and
organisation.

Please do not reuse this work until the end of the process. Mockups are
still property of Nicolas until he give them an OpenSource license after
Step 3.

Here it is :

http://www.nidecker.net/zope.org

Hope we helped,