[ZWeb] The NEW Revised Products Page

Paul Everitt paul@zope.com
Tue, 14 May 2002 15:16:14 -0400

Trevor Toenjes wrote:
 > http://www.zope.org/Members/trevor/productspage/index_html the old
 > one is http://www.zope.org/Members/trevor/productspage/v1
 >

 > I tried to incorporate all the great feedback so the layout has
 > something for everyone. (If I completely missed your issue, please
 > email me asap.)
 >
 > "Existing Users" - can now just scan the top gray box to get all the
 > download info they need.

I like this approach!

 > "Potential Users" - can read more input from the author, check out
 > compatibility issues, and read the community section.
 >
 > "Product Supporters" - can read and add to the community section to
 > support the author and the product

I think calling it "product supporters" is very helpful.  It indicates
to me that you only expect a relatively small group of people to have
this role.

 > If I can step out on a limb...? This should be the last major layout

This is a good idea.  Instead of focusing on getting the last 2% of
layout, we need to take the next step and get it working.

There will be time later for the finishing touches.  Perhaps after
launch. :^)

 > revision. Minor style and function changes can still happen if you
 > send *usability* feedback ASAP. Some functions might change slightly
 > as we move beyond conceptual into implementation. And not all
 > functions will be available immediately to allow a fast and flexible
 > migration.
 >
 > We need more volunteers to help migrate the existing product to fit
 > this new format. CMF'ers are needed to customize discussability to
 > fit the community section.

Ahh, this is a good point.  Some of you have been itching for a
bite-sized project.  This is a good one.  Simply grab the latest CMF
(1.3 beta) and hack the UI for discussability.  I can help some of you
walk through it if you are interested.

--Paul