[ZWeb] FYI: Next step on news

Chris McDonough chrism@zope.com
19 Nov 2002 10:21:51 -0500

Here's two little scripts that might be useful here.

The first takes a STX document, find all the inline URIs, and link them
using STX notation.

The second takes a stx document and renders it to HTML (presumes your
Zope SOFTWARE_HOME is on your PYTHONPATH).

-- linkmaker --

#!/usr/bin/env python2.1

from string import letters
import re, sys

url_expr=re.compile(r'((http|https|ftp|mailto|file|about)[:/]+?[%s0-9_\+\@\.\,\?\!\/\:\;\-\#\~\=\&\%%]+)' % letters)

def makelinks(file):
    while 1:
        line = file.readline()
        if not line: break
        line = url_expr.sub(r'"\1":\1', line)
        sys.stdout.write(line)

if __name__ == '__main__':
    f = open(sys.argv[1])
    makelinks(f)

-- render stx to html ---

#!/usr/bin/env python2.1
import StructuredText
import sys

def main(f):
    f = open(f).read()
    stx = StructuredText.Basic(f)
    doc = StructuredText.DocumentWithImages(stx)
    html = StructuredText.HTML(doc)
    print html

if __name__ == '__main__':
    main(sys.argv[1])