[ZWeb] Zope.org feedback: June 6 Zope News

Sidnei da Silva sidnei@x3ng.com
Mon, 14 Oct 2002 10:41:15 -0200

On Sun, Oct 13, 2002 at 05:03:33PM -0400, Chris McDonough wrote:
| On Sun, 2002-10-13 at 10:16, george donnelly wrote:
| > ok, so I'll shoot for an issue in 2 weeks. Let me know if there's anything
| > you want included.
|
| Killer, thanks!  Note that I used to write the ZWN in structured text
| without "stx links" (for email purposes) then I'd use scripts to
| transform it into stx with links (for posting on the website).
|
| Those scripts are attached in case you find them useful
|
| linkmaker.py -- transforms stdin into a document with stx links
| stx2html.py -- transforms a stx document into an html document
| mailcounter.py -- obtains the top 12 threads (by number of postings)
|                   from a mailbox archive of the Zope maillist and prints
|                   URLs to the NIP archives for each.

Humm... we could make 'plugins' out of those to use in NZO content types.

| Monthly Zope maillist mailbox files can be obtained from
| http://lists.zope.org/pipermail/zope/ .
|
| I'm of course not going to dictate what format you write in, what stuff
| is included, or anything else, feel free to use these things or not.
| Anything would be wonderful. ;)
|
| This might also be useful to generate a list of new content on the
| Zope.org site since the last ZWN:
|
| http://www.zope.org/Members/mcdonc/Reports/index_html

Yay! more hidden features :)

| > btw in the category of futuristic rumination, I wonder if down the road it
| > would be more effective to turn ZWN into a multi-user blog something on the
| > order of Daily Python URL (http://www.pythonware.com/daily/ ) but not
| > necesarily so exclusively link-oriented and using CMF?
|
| That's a great idea.  This is likely a job for the New Zope Org project
| (see
| http://dev.zope.org/Wikis/DevSite/Projects/ZopeOrgCollaborationEnhancement/FrontPage).  Sidnei DeSilva is likely in charge of this at this point.

Just correcting, this is the old Wiki. The new one can be found at:

http://www.zope.org//projects/nzo/FrontPage

(we should get rid of all those old wikis).

[]'s
--
Sidnei da Silva (dreamcatcher) <sidnei@x3ng.com.br>
X3ng Web Technology <http://www.x3ng.com.br>

A programming language is low level when its programs require attention
to the irrelevant.