[ZWeb] REVISIT: Switch zope.org search to google

Sidnei da Silva sidnei@x3ng.com
Wed, 16 Oct 2002 12:58:44 -0200

On Wed, Oct 16, 2002 at 11:08:47AM -0400, Shane Hathaway wrote:
| Paul Everitt wrote:
| >
| >Alas, this would require migration from Python 1.5.2/Zope 2.3.<hack> to
| >Python 2.x/Zope 2.6.  This is a
| >non-trivial exercise, or at least it is complicated enough that it isn't
| >a scheduled activity.
|
| Why not?  As a test, I once migrated zope.org to Python 2.1/Zope 2.4.  I
| could see no breakage.  The only hard part was copying the 2 GB Data.fs
| to my box.

Thats true, and I did the same thing with the help of Jim to confirm
and it took no more than a few hours. But the problem still remains
that Zope.org is 1/2 PTK 1/2 plain Zope with like 1 zillion python
scripts and dtml methods spread all over the place.

[]'

--
Sidnei da Silva (dreamcatcher) <sidnei@x3ng.com.br>
X3ng Web Technology <http://www.x3ng.com.br>