[ZWeb] Zope.org feedback: Member Login

Martijn Pieters mj@zope.com
Thu, 24 Oct 2002 11:20:36 -0400

On Thu, Oct 24, 2002 at 08:46:28AM -0400,  (via www.zope.org) wrote:
> I think it's time to loadbalance the zope webservers.
>
> The last weeks the response time on the Zope site are a drama. I volunteer
> to host the zope site in Holland. I don't want to make money with it, just
> the exploitation costs need to be covers.
>
> If your interested please let me know.

Thanks you for your offer. The Zope website is already load balanced;
currently on two application servers and one storage server. A new version
of Zope.org is expected to be finished in some 3 or 4 months and we'll
reevaluate the cluster setup at that time.

Note that 'internet wind' can also contrinute to perceived slowness,
especially outside of the US. Goodness knows when I was still living in The
Netherlands I often cursed the 'net. ;)

--
Martijn Pieters