[ZWeb] Zope.org feedback: Is there a jython version of zope

alan runyan alan runyan" <runyaga@runyaga.com
Wed, 4 Sep 2002 12:42:25 -0500

It should be much more feasible to run Zope3
(or port it) to Java than  Zope2.  Mainly because
of ExtensionClass and the C speedups of Zope2.
I think Zope3 has little to no C extensions and if
there was lots of interest.. and when Jython 2.2 is
released (Zope3 requires Python2.2) - I believe Zope
would be more much more easily ported to
Java than the current Zope2 branch.

There was a effort to port Zope2 to Java and I
believe they created ExtensionClass in Java.  But
I dont even remember the name of the project.
The future of Jython and ZOPE are much
brighter w/ Zope3 ;-)

~runyaga

p.s. if you want to speak Java w/ Zope.
JPE, or CORBA would probably be best all
depends on your design.