[ZWeb] NZO Alpha Announcement

Simon Michael simon@joyful.com
Fri, 04 Apr 2003 18:44:35 -0800

Jeffrey P Shell <jeffrey@cuemedia.com> writes:
>>> Now there are all these extra headers and toolbars and links and
>>> sub-sub-sub tables and question marks getting in the way of trying to
>>> ascertain the current Zope release information.  Too many header bars

Aha, Pieter's roadmap. Just a few random ideas -

Sidnei, should the main page text be a notch or two bigger ?
Right now it's the same as the very small left-side links.

Of course a whole wiki (folder of wiki pages) isn't needed for that
roadmap, you could just drop a Roadmap wiki page in the root folder.

Would it be worth using a zwiki skin without the wiki header, at least for
these odd pages around the site ? They would look much more like the
static pages.  Some of the wiki controls could move down to the footer if
needed.

I think the stuff about ZWiki at the bottom doesn't need to be there.

I think it's cool that Jeffrey put up an AlternateLayout to compare.  (If
we had edit access, I'd have put up another.) This is one of wiki's
strengths of course.

I'm reminded of how Stephan's condensed roadmap on the zope 3 wiki links
to more detailed descriptions (via the section headings). Just a thought,
what do people think of this as a guiding principle for the links on the
left ? Ie, the section heading links (About Zope, Download..)  would
generally bring up a page something like Roadmap or AlternateLayout or the
lower part of z3's FrontPage where links are presented in more detail.

You could do it with DTML. Cf http://zwiki.org/FAQs perhaps.

> I agree with Simon's (much) earlier vision of a unified Zope.org Wiki.

I think using odd pages for non-wiki purposes is interesting too.

limi has this idea that wiki pages and folders scattered around a site
should still be able to participate in a shared wiki namespace.