[ZWeb] Re: Roadmap

PieterB PieterB <pieterb@gewis.nl>
Thu, 10 Apr 2003 10:58:04 +0200 (CEST)

About http://zwiki.org/ZopeRoadmap or
http://dev.nzo.zope.org/Roadmap/FrontPage

> I agree with you that this roadmap page has way too many whistles. I
> dislike table borders entirely.

Please don't mind the format. It was a proof of concept of showing
all the information I think all Zope-users will like to see when
thinking of a roadmap.

I think a multi-column layout has better readability than the
AlternativeLayout (see e.g.
http://davidcrow.ca/2002/11/27/page_layout_and_readability.html ).
Feel free to edit/remove the table borders or to play with the
layout.

> > Finally, why is Plone on the Roadmap page?  Are we setting a dangerous
> > precedent by putting third party things on there?  I think that the
> > Products listing page should help people find links to Plone, ZWiki,
> > Kontientor, etc, and the people behind those projects should update
> > their own roadmaps and release plans in their own areas - mostly so they
> > don't have to worry about updating yet-one-more-place.
> Thats a *gooooood* question. Why Plone is here? Pieter?
No apparent reason. I like Plone, and I think it's a major zope-project.
It would be great if the Zope Roadmap, links to the roadmap of the
major zope products. Or the default project-page has a 'roadmap' link.

Pieter