[ZWeb] Zope.org feedback: Zope mirroring ?

jason andrade jason@rtfmconsult.com
Thu, 6 Feb 2003 10:58:42 +1000 (EST)

On Thu, 6 Feb 2003, robert boulanger wrote:

> If something like that is planned I want to mention that I (and this is
> very very subjective and I only want to give a hint) don't like such
> follow up pages like sf does now.
> It's a mess if you want to download something to a remote server  where
> you only have wget, but the download page only provides an interface for
> selecting the mirror via radiobuttons.

it depends.  i don't mind if it was something like

o select a mirror (from a list.. e.g radio buttons)
o then all the download pages are wgettable as they all point at the
  mirror selected

> A nice  idea also was the download support for the new kde 3.1, which
> randomly (or is some intelli behind?) gives you different download links
> after nearly every refresh of the download page.

well, randomly to me is not good.  from a network centric view i would
rather (being in australia) be able to select an australian download
site, either for each download, or at the start (and with something
that remembers?) and then all my downloads after that are from AU.

from my experience of mirroring, people downloading like being able
to select their country, or at the least a site/mirror they are
happy with and know that all their downloads come from that location..

regards,

-jason