NZO and Plone (Was: Re: [ZWeb] Not another ___Nuke site, please)

Paul Everitt paul@eurozope.org
Sat, 15 Feb 2003 23:20:02 +0100

I think that the only thing concluded at this point has been to take
some small steps and see what happens.

For instance, in Paris, Sidnei and Alex worked on a skin that doesn't
look like Plone, which was a concern of a number of people.  If nobody
helps on Plone, and if as you suspect, nobody will like the resulting
website, I'm sure Plone as *one of the choices* for nzo will not go
very far.

I think the most important thing is that people with strong opinions,
and I've certainly been a loud whiner in the last six weeks, need to
switch from criticism to contribution.  For me, it's definitely
put-up-or-shut-up time.

Yes, I think Plone is the fastest path to the best site, but I realize
others feel differently.  As long as there is an open process that
leads to a fair decision, I'll support it either way and contribute
either way.

--Paul