[ZWeb] FYI: Back to the past
Thu, 20 Feb 2003 14:51:03 +0100
Howdy. Sidnei and I were on IRC a while today, going through some of
the points brought up so far.
Sidnei found the old home page we had done, which included a lot of the
results from the IA (information architecture) discussion. He also
found the search results page I had done, which had the Google look.
Take another look at:
First, be patient, as some things are quite broken. So for now, please
don't mention the broken things. But some things to consider:
1) The multi-column layout that George mentioned.
2) Specifically, the time-sensitive, always-fresh stuff scrolling
through on the right.
3) Under "Info for", our attempt to say to people, "If you are one of
the following audiences, start here."
4) Do a search for "xml" or some other search term, you can see the
search results. (Sidnei and I already discussed the need for
extracting a "description" when there isn't one available.)
5) Perhaps most important, the navigation box has a hierarchy of
"sections" that conform to the SiteOrganization page discussion:
The idea: break the big content pile problem into smaller piles called
sections, and get people to own and garden the sections.
Not much is in the wiki, but we made a lot of progress on the mailing
list and IRC appointments at the time.