[ZWeb] dev.nzo.zope.org is great!
Tue, 25 Feb 2003 13:26:59 +0100 (CET)
I really like the new zope.org at http://dev.nzo.zope.org/
Some small remarks to make it even better:
- I should remove the first box heading 'navigation', because it is
common practice to put the navigation area in the left-top-corner
- Drop the second navigation box
- Sort the top level naviation aphabetically, so
About Zope, Business, Community, Docs, Download, Projects.
instead of About Zope, Docs, Download, Projects, Community, Business.
- Decrease the whitespace above "Spotlight on..." and "Announcements"
- "Spotlight on using Zope With Amaya instead" of
"Spotlight on...<br> Using Zope With Amaya"
- Use small font for Spotlight subtitle,
"By Michel Pelletier 21 August, 2001"
- Use a more recent spotlight ;)
- Start with "What is Zope?" instead of the spotlight
- Change title to "Zope.org: Welcome to Zope.org" instead of "index_html"
- Be consistent with using capitals for new words. I would suggest not
to use them (so "Top resources" instead of "Top Resources").
Some suggestions that would require some more work:
- I think a "view source" or "view page template" function for
members would increase the use of good templates. Example:
- Don't use fixed px or pt in stylesheets! See
If nobody is working on this part, I can provide patches to make
the CSS WAI-compatible.
- Change title of "Top Resources". I think the term 'Resource' is
unclear. Is it a page, a product, a howto or something else? I
would suggest something like "Top rated pages" (products have
pages which describe the product). Btw on my browser (IE6) it is
shown as "Top<br>Resources". I would like all headings to be so
short that they don't wrap (use smaller font, use , decrease
length of heading text)
- Specify a doctype and make the page XHTML valid. See