[ZWeb] Zope.org feedback: Welcome to Zope.org

Jeffrey P Shell jeffrey@cuemedia.com
Thu, 27 Feb 2003 15:34:40 -0700

On Thursday, February 27, 2003, at 01:55  PM, Matt Young (via
www.zope.org) wrote:

> When you have extremely stale content on a site like this you make it
> next to impossible for people to justify Zope as a viable technology.
> Imagine:  "using Zope/CMF/Plone you can easily author, edit, and
> approve fresh content for your site."  Featured article:  2 months
> old.  Zope training:  two weeks past.  If you really want to promote
> Zope, the very easiest thing to do is simply freshen up the home page.

Thank you for your input.

We are working on upgrading the site to much newer software than what
is currently running the Zope.org.  The current Zope.org site pioneered
a lot of Zope technologies and ideas that have found their way into
newer software offerings, but sadly it cannot take advantage of those
newer offerings.  That said, it's still running very well considering
the size of its content database, community, and age.

The new development can be seen here:
http://dev.nzo.zope.org/

Note that its content is not fresh right now either, as it's still in
its development phase.

We don't have a featured article up on the front page (of the current
Zope.org site) any more.  Are you referring to the section that says
"Zope News dated Wednesday November 27"?  There is a new team of people
working on keeping that news update more fresh than it has been
throughout 2002, and I'm sure they made a news release fairly recently.
  I'm not sure what they did with it though.  It could be my fault - I
may have been expected to do something (as the Zope.org webmaster) and
didn't catch on to the fact.

--
Jeffrey P Shell