[ZWeb] More nzo remarks
Fri, 28 Feb 2003 11:56:19 +0100 (CET)
Great to see a lot of my previous comments implemented!
(e.g. ValidXHTML, DOCTYPE, etc).
Some more remarks:
- There is some space on the left of the zope logo in IE6, which
looks a bit ugly. I tried changing the order of the HTML to
logo,tabs,searchBox, but this didn't fix the problem. I might have a
look at it later.
- I think "report bugs" is better placed under Community than About Zope
- I think the length of the left navigation should be shortened, e.g.
remove/cluster some items under Docs. My sugesstion:
Books (The Zope Book, and Books in Print)
Reference (API, ZPT, DTML)
Products (Products by category, All products)
- Maybe add a "Roadmap" link under "About Zope", linking to a (wiki)page
which describes when the next version of Zope is expected (and the
difference between Zope2 and Zope3, etc).
- I think the explanation of the different audiences takes up
too much screen space.
What about displaying the remark when the user hovers over the
hyperlink, e.g. <a href="..." title="New to Zope but familiar with
website programming. ">.
- Put a Zope exits box on the homepage (but where ;), linking to
ZopeZen, Plone and other good Zope sites. This would also increase
the Google PageRank of those sites.