[ZWeb] FYI: Readying the "Zope Download Center"

Guido van Rossum guido@python.org
Sat, 11 Jan 2003 20:09:48 -0500

>  >   o Eliminate single point of failure
>
> This would be great. Many, many moons ago I started a proposal on this:
> http://dev.zope.org//Wikis/DevSite/Proposals/ZopeSoftwareMirror when the
> single point of failure was the biggest issue.
>
> Good stuff, if I can help, let me know.

Have you read my general mirroring proposal?  The help we need right
now would concern the architecture, design and implementation of the
system I propose there.  It shouldn't be much code, since the essence
of mirroring can be done using rsync or ftpmirror.py, but we need
tools to find downloadable bits, and to collate download stats.

It would be best to coordinate with Sidnei, who's doing a
"downloadable product" for NZO.