[ZWeb] Zope.org and New zope.org status

Maik Jablonski maik.jablonski@uni-bielefeld.de
Sun, 12 Jan 2003 11:29:23 +0100

Guido van Rossum wrote:

> - Download mirroring.  The downside of using SourceForge is that it
>   requires explicit synching of selected downloads.  How about setting
>   up a set of community-run mirrors of the zope.org download bits?
>   This could be done as follows: when downloadable contents is
>   uploaded, an extra copy is made to somewhere on the filesystem...

Hi,

just another idea: Don't invent the wheel again...:)

Why don't we set up a world-wide cluster of ZEO-clients? The ZEO-server
lives at Zope.org and mirrors from around the world will connect as
ZEO-clients. So we have REAL mirrors with all content/management without
muddling with syncing via filesystem-exports/imports etc.

To sync the Zope-Instances (the python-sources) (ZEO likes that...:)) we
can simply use CVS.

Setting this up should be no big problem, I guess...;)

And this way the whole game would be a real example for: Zope rocks!

Cheers, Maik