[ZWeb] NZO Volunteers

Guido van Rossum guido@python.org
Mon, 13 Jan 2003 15:46:51 -0500

An update on the swearing-in of NZO volunteers.

- Kapil rightly complains that he hasn't received access to the NZO
  CVS repository despite filling in the forms and sending numerous
  emails.  I regret that this has happened, and will make sure that
  it's fixed ASAP.  We have a new sysadmin who has to get up to speed,
  but this will be his top priority; I'll talk to him more about this
  tomorrow.

- Superseding earlier communications, we require that people with
  check-in privileges to the NZO CVS repository sign a standard Zope
  Contributor Form.  This is the simplest and safest way to ensure
  that Zope Corp (as well as anyone else!) can release the
  contributions under the ZPL.  For the Contributor Form and more info
  about it, see http://dev.zope.org/CVS/ContributorIntroduction

- As I said before, separate NDA is required before you can get
  management permission for the site or a shell account on the box.
  This is only prudent given that the database contains thousands of
  passwords and other personal data.  Since management/shell access
  and CVS commit permission are separate things, the NDA and the
  Contributor Form are independent.