[ZWeb] proposal: one Zope wiki

Sidnei da Silva sidnei@x3ng.com
Fri, 17 Jan 2003 10:39:33 -0200

On Fri, Jan 17, 2003 at 12:07:31PM +1100, Adrian van den Dries wrote:
| quoth Simon Michael:
|
| > Right. I advocate a single central zope wiki on zope.org. This would be
| > the default catch-all wiki and jumping-off point, free-form encyclopaedia,
| > etc. for all things zope. Although new scalability issues will need to be
| > dealt with when it grows very large, a single large wiki will be more
| > useful and more attractive to maintain than the current confusing
| > proliferation of zope wikis in random locations with duplicated pages.
|
| +1
|
| Absolutely.  We should minimise as much as possible the overhead for
| both documentors and document-searchers.
|
| I'm just a little concerned with "free-form".  Structure is good.
| Organisation is better, Nazi is bad.

I dont know exactly what Simon meant by free-form here, but It sounded
like something cool :)

| Is that the end of this thread? ;-)

I hope not! I think that no one jumped into this discussion cause
everybody agrees that a central zwiki is a good idea. So, I propose
moving forward and putting the idea into action. I'll be available to
help this saturday if you guys are willing to start, but we may need
some help from Jeffrey, at least to give us the right permissions to
modify the wikis.

[]'s
--
Sidnei da Silva (dreamcatcher) <sidnei@x3ng.com.br>
X3ng Web Technology <http://www.x3ng.com.br>

Make sure your code does nothing gracefully.