[ZWeb] Mirroring Zope.org

PieterB PieterB <pieterb@gewis.nl>
Sun, 22 Jun 2003 12:48:35 +0200 (CEST)

> > For something like this, you need "Global Server load balancing".
> > I know Foundry support this:
> > http://www.foundrynet.com/solutions/appNotes/GSLB.html
> Well, round-robin DNS could be done by virtually any provider. This
> would be an issue for ZCs hosting/housing provider.
+1 on DNS round-robin. Then again if ZC has a "Global Server load
balancing" infrastructure, it would be great if there are some
mirrors using the same technology. I tested Foundry's GSLB about
two years ago and was quite impressed with it. Unfortuately, it
isn't cheap.

Can anyone of ZC tell us:
a) if they want to support a mirror in Europe?
b) if their infrastructure supports something like GSLB.

Pieter