[ZWeb] Zope.org feedback: Problems installing mysqlbd and mysqldb

Kondwani Nampanda (via www.zope.org) kgnampanda@yahoo.com
Thu, 26 Jun 2003 07:23:13 -0400

I have installed Zope 2.6.x on Suse linux 8.2. I wanted zope to talk to mysql. I followed all the instructions from
http://www.devshed.com/Server_Side/Zope/ZopeAndMySQL/page3.html and I have read other documents realting to this topic. Now I am having this Error
Traceback (innermost last):

File /opt/Zopetmp/lib/python/OFS/Application.py, line 541, in import_product
File /opt/Zopetmp/lib/python/Products/ZMySQLDA/__init__.py, line 91, in ?
File /opt/Zopetmp/lib/python/Products/ZMySQLDA/DA.py, line 92, in ?
File /opt/Zopetmp/lib/python/Products/ZMySQLDA/db.py, line 89, in ?
ImportError: /opt/Zopetmp/lib/python/Products/ZMySQLDA/_mysql.so: undefined symbol: PyType_GenericAlloc
and I do not know how to solve it. Can you please help?
I am really stuck and I can not continue my project because of this.

This email was generated from the Zope.org feedback form
It was invoked from a link on http://www.zope.org/Members/horily